Monday, February 28, 2011

Renewing Mechanic License

breeze


Barbie, you're beautiful
you make me feel
my Barbie doll
is really real



E 'changed little since 1959, year of birth of the first Barbie, for today.

The Barbie still generate phenomena of mass hysteria, yet upset the dreams of young girls, are still synonymous with exceptional grace. But they are no longer just a toy for girls: long Mattel launched the Barbie Collector site , addressed to an adult audience, who loves the doll and its implications for fashionistas and fashion.

I personally am going crazy. I grow a lot of complusioni purchase, from shoes to make-up, but nothing makes me happier than the useless beauty of all my Barbie, NRFB preserved, "never removed from box", as recommended by connoisseurs. I have a small collection that I will try to implement, starting from the ideas that I will post below.

After the celebrations for his 50 years, the collaborations with leading designers (from Laboutin at Dior, Vera Wang Zac Posen, by Tarina Tarantino at Diane Von Furstenberg , just to name a few), the collection and the idea in my opinion is the most successful of Barbie Basics .

The concept of this collection is very simple: they are dolls with the Model Muse Body, more lean and slender traditional breasted Barbie with different facial features, wearing clothes timeless, the must-have for every fashion addict:

The little black dress - Collection 0001
The Basics of Barbie Collection 0001 has also been reinterpreted by 12 of the most famous American designers, who have sold their works for auction to fund scholarships of Council of Fashion Designers America. Here the article.

Collection 0001 - CFDA

Collection 001 - Special edition - Red Dress


001.5 Collection - Little black dress revisited


Collection 0002 - Denim
Barbie are making really tempts fashionistas. Because in addition to the doll you can buy the set of accessories to customize your bike shoes, clutch bags, scarves, journals, and so on and so forth.

Barbie Basics - Collection 0002 - Accessories
The Basics Barbie are also low cost. In America you would gain more for the $ 20, in Italy for about € 40. I ponder every ten minutes a trip overseas to buy them all.


As for Barbie Collector Edition of the highest level, I want to tell the two series.

The first is the latest series (published in January 2011) Barbie Fashion Model Russia: five beautiful dolls, Barbie and Ken four, you can peek in this video:


The second is a bit 'more dated, but I adored at the time and still love it: they are reproductions of Don, Betty, Joan and Roger American TV series Mad Men, perfect in every detail.


My favorite without a doubt, is the collection of 006 Basics 1.5, Ekaterika Russia's Collection, Joan from Mad Men.




That I, in spite of the progenitor blonde, has a secret passion for red? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment