Reschensee - The bell tower in the lake
(Click on pictures to enlarge)
On January 23, 2010 is the date that I choose to exit the photo Reschensee, where the famous bell tower rising from the waters. The place was on my list of places to visit for a while 'and curiosity about the place came after seeing the beautiful photos on it.
Childbirth in the late morning with gray, which always accompanies the winter on the plains, I have before me about 4 hours away and my plan is to arrive early afternoon, looking for a property (because I have not booked) and then go out immediately to find some good place to photograph the sunset, including the bell tower. I can not find the traffic and the way I pass well, once embarked on the Brenner motorway then slowly go out of the fog and I can finally enjoy some nice views while driving. Esco at Bolzano Sud and take the highway to Merano, taking the signs for the Reschenpass; grind more miles the landscape becomes more charming (and snow / ice), but the harsh light puts off any idea of \u200b\u200bstopping to take pictures.
Arrive in good time there, but I did not understand exactly where the bell tower, so long as I continue on the road, just outside of Graun, passed a short tunnel, I do not find myself on the left, just across the street (and parking). I just can reverse and parking a moment go down to take a stroll and take a first look. At first glance, there remain some 'evil thought that the bell was more detached from the country and from the road, but it's pretty attached, but other than that the scenery of the frozen lake surrounded by mountains is very beautiful and this bell tower that rises is certainly 'Another striking element. After a few minutes
allotment looking for a hotel. Unfortunately
are unlucky on the lake there are a lot of people who are doing snowkiting (on skis or foot have a snowboard, and you are transported by wind thanks to a wing), there are a couple of tents and planted, of course, the hotels are close to complete. I must go back to San Valentino Alla Muta and even here the first attempts go wrong, and at last I can find a place in a small but bell'alberghetto family-run, where I say I'm the only Italian. The arrangement I like, I feel good and are very nearly happy with previous attempts fruitless. System quickly my things and go out immediately, and take the car back in Graun, parking lot, I put on my boots and do a short walk to the shore of the lake. Before beginning to search for the ideal spot for sunset decide to make a broad overview of the place.
starts moving around the tower and look around, notice that the sun sets in a direction that will lead to a summit soon after, then I get the first doubts on the quality of light that will be at sunset (with the lake area probably in the shade). I estimate a couple of positions / shots and began to make some pictures: the light is still quite hard and in the area there are still many snowkiters but I want to bring home some shots with the tower lit up and the sun gets closer and closer to the mountains, So I decided not to wait.
While I attempt to photograph my suspicions were confirmed on the spot and slowly falls the shadow. I have some 'bad taste in mouth, I expected a better light situation and instead I find myself at 15.45 about already without light the main subject. Rest for a while 'to watch the rays gradually "warm up" the peaks behind the tower and try to take some pictures, but the results do not convince me, so I sit on a bench and look, hoping that the light you give me some particular tone. After twenty minutes I start to have cold and decide to move in an attempt to scaladarmi, so I headed on foot to see what lies further north (toward Resia). After a while I find a little stream of water with slices of ice on the edge that immediately attracted my attention, and we wander around for a while ', also trying to make close-up on forms created by the ice but with photos that will drop once the PC magazines. Known but a couple of interesting compositions and I see that the top behind the bell tower (the one position where I previously was behind me) is colored in yellow, so, once you decide which of two shots to convince me more , I set to work to capture the scene, with the cold starts to become bitter, because even a slight wind. The result is close enough to shoot I had in mind when I decided to visit this location, though perhaps I expected more from light and place, despite the charm of the tower.
the evening, dinner is waiting for me a "difficult" (for me that are critical with eating) based dishes Austrian / German and Italian, the next day, however, a beautiful skiing in Belpiano, between mid-slopes and good ski lifts brand-new, with real seats to six seats.
0 comments:
Post a Comment